5 persons / 30 minutes
Tiger’s milk is called that way because of the milky white color and because it is good for your resistance, it is a perfect hangover drink and…it is an aphrodisiac ayeayeaye!
- 600gr sea bass
- 1 red onion
- 1 sweet potatoe
- 1 hand of canchita (maïz chulpe)
- 1 hand of choclo, Peruvian corn
- 1 hand of cilantro leaves
- 10 limes
- 2 cm peeled ginger
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 chillies (without the seeds)
- 3 cilantro stems
- 4 cm sea bass
- 2 ice cubes
- Boil the sweet potato and heat the canchita in a bit of oil on medium heat. Cover and cook until all the kernels have popped, about 7 minutes.
- Cut the potato in cubes of 2x2cm.
- Cut the red onion in thin slices and put them in cold water with salt.
- Cut the sea bass in pieces of 2x2cm. Keep 4cm for the tiger’s milk. Sprinkle salt over the fish.
- Mix de lime juice and the rest of the ingredients into tiger’s milk and strain the juice.
- Cover the sea bass in the tiger’s milk and leave for 15min.
- Rinse the onions rinse well with cold water to remove the 'onion sharpness' and to soften the structure.
- Put everything on a plate and garnish with the canchita, choclo, potato, onion and cilantro.
2 persons / 15min preparation
This is Kokoda, Fiji's ceviche with coconut milk to balance out the acid. For fish lovers out there: also yummy if you replace the avocado by halibut!
- 50ml coconut milk
- 3/4th bottle Let’s Salsa Explosive Pineapple hot sauce OR 1 chillies
- juice of 1/4th lime
- 1/4th teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados cut in carpaccio
- 2 teaspoon of mango cut in small strings
- 1 spoonof chillie in small strings
- 1 spoon of basil cut in small strings.
- Mix the coconut milk, hot sauce OR chillies, lime juice and salt
- Put the avocado carpaccio on a plate
- Cover the avocado with the tiger’s milk
- Garnish with mango, chillie and basil.
2 persons / 15min preparation
Agua Chile is a traditional shrimp ceviche from Mexico, Sinaloa.
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 jalapeños OR 6 teaspoons of Chill Jalapeño hot sauce
- 14 medium shrimps cooked
- avocado cut in 20 cubes of 1x1cm
- cucumber cut in 14 half moons of 1x1cm
- 1/2 red onion cut in small strings
- cilantro 1 hand full
- 1 jalapeño cut in small rings.
- Mix the juice and one jalapeño OR hot sauce
- Add the shrimps and leave for 2 minutes
- Take the shrimps out of the tiger’s milk
- Mix the shrimps gently with the avocado and cucumber
- Put the ceviche on a plate and garnish with cilantro and the left jalapeño rings.
persons / 15min preparation
Tiradito is ceviche based on the Japanese influences where you eat the fish raw and cut in slices.
- 300 gr yellow fin tuna cut in small slices
- 2 spoons of Tomasu sweet soy sauce
- 1 chillie finely chopped
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 red onion cut in very fine rings
- 2 cup of white vine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- half a cup of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon with small strings of cucumber.
- Cook the sugar and vinegar till ten sugar is dissolved
- Let it cool down and pour over the onion
- Mix the soy sauce, the chillie and lime juice
- Coat the tuna with the sesame seeds and roast briefly (no oil!), 10sec on each side.
- Put the tuna slices on a plate, pour the tiger's milk over the fish and garnish with the onion, cucumber and cilantro.