20min / 1 jar
Ají amarillo is Peru's edible gold, used in the majority of the dishes. Inka warriors ate the ajies to become strong and to be able to hunt. See
- 12 ajíes amarillos (where to buy)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar / balsamic
- salt to taste
- groundnut oil
- Cut the ajies in half and take the seeds out.
- Boil for 5 minutes and rinse well.
- Take the peel of when lukewarm.
- Put in fresh water, add the sugar and let it boil for 5min.
- Rinse and blend the ajies, the oil to 1/3rdof the ajies, vinegar and salt. For small quantities you can use a blender, for bigger ones the kitchen aid.
- Blend till the substance is creamy and yellow.
- Check out the video on my YouTube channel