1 hour / 6 persons
This favourite Peruvian of my oldest brother is a true party kind of recipe. My Mum always made this together with me. Although it is quite some work, everyone loves these stuffed potatoes. Read more about the interesting history here.
- 1 kilo potatoes (Opperdoes)
- 400gr minced meat
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 boiled eggs
- 50gr raisins
- 50gr kalamata olives
- 1tbsp of parsley
- 1 cup of groundnut oil
- 1 cup of flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil de potatoes and mash without any additives.
- Make a big roll of the mash and put in the fridge.
- Put the raisins in a bowl with warm water.
- Fry the onion and garlic, then add the minced meat and salt and pepper.
- When cooked add the raisins and parsley.
- Divide the roll of potatoes in approximately 8 portions.
- Make flat rounds, take them in your hand and fill with the meat mix and a small piece of egg and olive on top and then close carefully so that you get ‘big stuffed potatoes’.
- Cover the stuffed potatoes in flour and fry in very hot oil.