45minutes • 2 persons
This dish is originated during the Salpeter war against Chili when mothers collected ingredients for their sons in the army. There was not enough food, so they took action for the good "causa". The beetroot can be replaced by chicken, tuna or squid.
- 4 big Eigenheimers
- 1 lime
- 3 sp ají sauce OR ground chillies
- 1 red onion cut fine
- 1 avocado cut carpaccio
- 4 cooked beetroots in cubes of 0,5x0,5cm
- 2 sp mayonnaise
- 1 hand full of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes with the skin. Peel the skin off when they are lukewarm.
- Mash the potatoes without adding anything (you get the best result when you mash with your hands).
- When cooled down, mix with the ají sauce OR chillies, lime en een snufje zout.
- Make a large ball and put in the refrigerator
- Mix the beetroot cubes gently with mayonnaise, onion, black peper and salt to taste. Spoon carefully the coriander leaves through the mix.
- Fill a kitchen mold to 1/3rdwith the puree, cover with a layer of the avocado, then add a layer of the beetroot mix.