15min / 5 persons
Tostones or patacones are eaten all over Latin America as a side snack.
- 1 green banana (not the same as a plantain, ask at the toko!)
- 3tbsp groundnut oil
- Cut of the tops of both sides of the banana.
- Make 4 vertical cuts in the peel and pull the peel off.
- Cut the banana into 1 cm pieces.
- Put the oil in the pan.
- Fry the pieces on both sides light gold in a little bit.
- Let it cool down and and crush the pieces gently with the palm of your hand..
- Bake the crushed pieces again until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the pan, sprinkle some salt over it and serve warm on the side.